9 lb Sulcata Male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I am thinking seriously about finding a new home for my male sulcata "Tiny".

It is not urgent, just on my mind. I took him in 9 mos ago as a " Rescue" since he was not getting good care. Paid the owner $200 for him ( crazy I know) and set him up in a good environment here in So Florida. Since then he's gone from 2.3 lbs to 0ver 9 lbs. his shell had some pyramiding but that has greatly improved. I expect it will be hardly noticeable in a few years.

I have another male Sulcata that is 40 lbs and not really the space for 2 large males ( eventually ) to have their own enclosures large enough. My 1/4 acre back yard would not suffice. Plus I have an Aldabra that , while a baby now , will not always be. Lol.
Though I would be fine for a few more years now.

You can see Tiny's photos and progress in the thread " Tiny Tales " in the sulcata section. Lots of pictures there too. He is very healthy.

I would like to get my original $200 back

But will only sell him to a keeper who can demonstrate they have the knowledge and environment for him and his growth.

PM me if interested. If in Florida I would meet you 1/2 way to deliver , if shipping you would need to pay that expense for about a 12 lb box overnight to your zip code from 33936.

I know sulcatas are not rare , and many would rather start with a baby. But if you have the space for an outside enclosure , Tiny would be fun and a great healthy tortoise to start out with. Way past the delicate stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.