A big thank you to a few members, closed chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
I wanted to send out a big thank you to a few members who helped me end up making a closed chamber for my little leopard, Echo. wellington, tom, theelectraco, tommyz, rideburton87, and team gomberg, thank you so much. As a first time owner I never really thought that it would make a difference as to what kind of cage or enclosure I had as long as my little guy fit into it, it was spacious, and warm. BUT now that I have switched to a lovely closed chamber, My temps are a stable 83 degrees f, and my basking spot is 100 degrees, with humidity between 78-83%. And the thing is, it is so much easier to maintain steady temps and humidity with a closed chamber, plus he has more space. Overall it also looks way better in appearance. It took some money, but it was totally worth it in the long run. I would highly suggest anyone with torts that need high humidity to find a way to make a closed chamber, it really does benefit both you and the tortoise. I cannot thank everyone enough for helping me and Echo out. :)

Here is a pic of what the finished product looks like.

973357_10151408454327051_1446201597_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks great.

Your words will help others just as much as mine or anyone else's. Please keep updating us on your tortoises health, appearance and vigor. Everyone who has already converted to closed chambers already knows this story, but so many other people STILL just don't realize how amazingly beneficial and easy it is.

Thank you for posting this.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
theelectraco said:
One question tho.....is that a big square hole on the roof?

Sorry I forgot to mention that part. I wanted deeper substrate so the substrate is level with the glass on the doors, and I didn't want to open the sliding doors, or have to sit down to get access to his cage. The square hole you see is for a door I made on the top. I used a piece of the shelving to make the door, the wood itself that makes the door is bigger than the hole, and the door is open in the pic, but when its closed it completely seals the hole off, so the whole thing is really closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.