A couple new pics of Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Trace got some sphagnum moss and bed a beast added into his *cave* area. (the Hermanns setup sits on top of this end of Trace's tank so it makes a very large hide area for him) :)

8a78e95c.jpg

26fe2b5f.jpg

This is the first time Ive caught him eating the Vitamin/Mineral block from Carolina Pet Supply.com
78c2eb47.jpg

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
He is such a handsome fella. Have you had any luck getting him to eat Mazuri or grasses?
I'm still working on his brother....the only way he'll eat grasses is cut up and snuck into the greens....he also snubs his nose at Mazuri.
I mashed it up in a bunch of greens and he still picked his way around it.....brat! LOL

I like his new digs:cool:

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Iluvemturts said:
He is such a handsome fella. Have you had any luck getting him to eat Mazuri or grasses?
I'm still working on his brother....the only way he'll eat grasses is cut up and snuck into the greens....he also snubs his nose at Mazuri.
I mashed it up in a bunch of greens and he still picked his way around it.....brat! LOL

I like his new digs:cool:

Its a no go on the Mazuri with Trace as well! He picks around it. He will eat Chopped up hay (and I sneak some mazuri crumbles in on him) as long as its in his dish. Ive never seen him eat the hay I leave in with him, and sometimes it looks like he has been eating it but then I dont know how much he has dragged all over the tank. The RFs chowed on some mazuri tonight for the first time. lol Its funny though, the Russian boys wouldnt touch any mazuri either. (They left this evening heading to Danny's house)

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thats so cool. I always thought that tortoises didnt really eat those blocks. Is trace a boy or a girl?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Trace is an 8" male. :) None of my other torts have done much damage to the blocks. I do have a young ThreeToed Boxie girl that had a nice pink mustache for a while!

Hunter

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
He rocks. He looks like a happy little boy

Status
Not open for further replies.