A couple new southern painteds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA
Ordered a 3-4" male / female pair of southern painted turtles from Turtle Source. They arrived yesterday.
005_zps525fe80f.jpg

Unfortunately they were both male. I'm trying to work something out to correct this issue. But, until then it's a nice looking couple of males

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Nice turtles. I had a gulf coast box turtle that had a yellow streak running down the back. Love it!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Oh darn. I saw what you wrote at first, and was really confused. You were saying pair, but I was seeing two males. Too bad, but I'm sure they will fix the issue.

They are pretty males.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Anthony P said:
Too bad, but I'm sure they will fix the issue.

Looks like they're giving me the runaround on the issue. Two days of we'll get back to you in the morning and today of ignoring my email. I've offered to pay for the female if they'll cover the shipping. Which seems more than fair to me as I'm still paying for an extra turtle that I didn't order. It was their mess up, not mine.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Well, Turtle Source is no longer responding to my emails. Or to what I consider a fair offer. Guess I'll start a thread in the vendor section.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Very unfortunate. I think your offer was more than fair. I would have advised against your offering that. They owe you at this point.

I know he has a very good reputation, and I doubt he would want to jeopardize it over a dorsalis, no offense. I am thinking maybe something happened and he got busy or whatever, and will still be able to make you happy with all of this.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
maybe you should ask to speak to the person in charge of the person thats on the phone and then once they give it to their boss say the same thing until you get to the highest person in charge and demand they give you a turtle or you sue them. Turtle source is normally a great company and they've treated me and everyone I've spoke to nicely. I'm very confused as to why they would be rude to you. Maybe it's just bad luck or maybe they're busy

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Well, called them and resolved the issue. I did have to pay for another turtle but they covered the shipping. Usually, they said it's the other way around, as most turtles cost more than shipping. It is supposed to be here early tomorrow morning. Then, I guess, I'll sell one of the males.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
MikeCow1 said:
Well, called them and resolved the issue. I did have to pay for another turtle but they covered the shipping. Usually, they said it's the other way around, as most turtles cost more than shipping. It is supposed to be here early tomorrow morning. Then, I guess, I'll sell one of the males.

I'd buy the male but i probably don't live very close to you. Good luck though!

Status
Not open for further replies.