A Dream I have to be a reputable breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
I know I'm still fairly new to the Tort world but I have a dream of becoming a reputable breeder one day here is good ol Sunny San Diego, CA. I have developed my first herd to hone my husbandry skills and maybe in a few years I can start making my dream a reality. I plan to call it LifeTortoises

I want to breed leopards, cherry heads, and red foots with the utmost care and quality. The care will be driven by knowledge and love for these animals. I have one pardalis babcocki Leopard and two pardalis pardalis/pardalis babcocki hybrids (they should be in by the end of this week =]). I have a yellow foot, cherry head, and a Het Hypo red foot (by tomorrow). I also have a very curious yearling Sully and a 3 year old rescue Sulcata.

I wont be adding or subtracting from this group for a few years. These are my babies and I will research, research, and research to make sure these little ones grow to be healthy and happy Tortoise. i love these guys and I cant wait to see what the future holds!

This will be fun to juggle with my already busy life but everyone needs a hobby and I chose this because it brings joy to my life!

Thank you Tortoise Form for helping me move forward with this dream. Maybe one day in a few years I'll be able to post my first batch of healthy torts for you to receive =]

Happy Torting!
-DrewsLife727

“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. This, I did.” (T.E. Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom)

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Hey go for it! Be aldabraman....he had a dream and did it. Just do it slowly and research, i promise you everything will lay out the way it should.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hope you someday fulfill your dreams! Your doing it right, one step at a time and slowly. My only suggestion would be, even now, when you get a tortoise get one as though you will be using it in your breeding program. What I am saying is buy the best quality you can and ones that are pure lines, especially if you can trace them back to where they originate from.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's very ambitious. The best advice I could give is to learn as much as you can about raising tortoises, and it sounds like you are focusing on that already. Anyone can raise a tortoise, but it takes quite a bit of knowledge and experience to do things the right way, so I wish you luck on your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.