A few AZ Weeds

Location (City and/or State)
Gilbert, AZ
I'm realizing I am not great at identifying weeds... Maybe its because some of mine are still small? I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying these and whether they are ok for my Sulcata.

These are growing in Gilbert, AZ.

Are there any weeds that grow here that I need to really be aware of and avoid?

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• weeds 1.jpg
    weeds 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • weeds 2.jpg
    weeds 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • weeds 3.jpg
    weeds 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • weeds 4.jpg
    weeds 4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • weeds 5.jpg
    weeds 5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • weeds 6.jpg
    weeds 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • weeds 7.jpg
    weeds 7.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
They are a bit small. But 5, 6, and 7 are the same I believe. I thought tomato when I saw it, but thats highly unlikely. My plant ID said it was tomato/ nighshade but tomatoes wouldn’t be growing wild there don’t think. I have PictrueThis app. Have you tried any plant ID apps?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
One, two, three and four are not all the same (some are) but they are all dandelion relatives and quite safe.

Number five is indeed a tomato. Seed could have blown over from a neighbor’s yard, dropped by a bird, etc. Six, seven and eight also look like young tomatoes to me but I could be wrong. Is that maybe basil growing next to the tomato in number five? Could be anything at that size but it puts me in mind of basil.

Number nine looks to be a sow thistle (yellow flower) growing with a tomato lol. Sow thistle is one of the plants in your first picture—safe. Is there a chance you had a cherry tomato plant? They reseed very easily.

I do not know nine or ten. They aren’t tomatoes!

Gilbert, AZ
Thank you so much! A tomato would be odd, as we haven't grown any. But maybe some of the neighbors did and the birds brought them our way.

I'll try another plant ID app too. I wasn't getting great results but I'm guessing it's because they're too small.

Anything that doesn't look like the sow thistle or dandelion I've been ignoring, and especially since I may have some tomatoes I'll definitely pull those up and toss them (or at least move them out of my weed area ?).

Thank you again for the input!

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
One, two, three and four are not all the same (some are) but they are all dandelion relatives and quite safe.

Number five is indeed a tomato. Seed could have blown over from a neighbor’s yard, dropped by a bird, etc. Six, seven and eight also look like young tomatoes to me but I could be wrong. Is that maybe basil growing next to the tomato in number five? Could be anything at that size but it puts me in mind of basil.

Number nine looks to be a sow thistle (yellow flower) growing with a tomato lol. Sow thistle is one of the plants in your first picture—safe. Is there a chance you had a cherry tomato plant? They reseed very easily.

I do not know nine or ten. They aren’t tomatoes!
I was right on the Tomato!!! Woo!! I get 1 point.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree with Rosemary's assessment of all. Though I don't know the tomato plant.