A fresh new look for Tortoise Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeterson

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
jpeterson said:
Look cool, now just some custom CSS to make the layout a tad better? :p I really like it though! However, text is to small for my liking!

If you hold down your "control" key and hit the "plus" key a few times you can make it bigger.

I know that, but a new time visitor who isn't savy with computers will not and it could lead to them leaving :)

Why not write a tad JS to have the option of increasing or decreasing the font size? :D Quite easily done.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Since everyone is wondering, yes I do approve of the new color scheme. You can all relax, and BTW since the new t shirt design is coming out, does that make the old ones collector items now?

Bubba30

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Me and bubba love the change great job. OMG I want a shirt I didn't about the shirts. :D

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Yay for going green! I refreshed my window from the old blue and saw green and was pleasantly surprised.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I love it! I especially love the new logo... I have to say I never understood the old one of a horribly pyrmided tortoise. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jessicap said:
I love it! I especially love the new logo... I have to say I never understood the old one of a horribly pyrmided tortoise. :D

I love the new logo too. You now have a couple of tortoises inside a conversation bubble and I take it to mean we're talking tortoise!!

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
I LOVE IT!!!! Much better LOGO!!! I will be ordering T shirts for sure! I never was crazy about the tilted tortoise logo... it seemed a bit odd tilted like that... no offense I have always LOVED the TFO and now its even better Great Job!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
Since everyone is wondering, yes I do approve of the new color scheme. You can all relax, and BTW since the new t shirt design is coming out, does that make the old ones collector items now?

We were all waiting with bated (and in some cases "baited") breath to see how you felt about the new forum. Glad you approve! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oo oo oo oo me me me! I wanna' be first!!!

Darn it! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get someone to take my picture :(

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
T-shirts are now available under "2011 Logo" in the TFO Store

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I can see everything clearer. I thought Princess Lia had head phones on until now. I don't remember if I was able to read her name before. Now I can read the forum without glasses. Yae!

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
it does looks great...
I think this new logo its so much greater...
I just think it would look better with just one tortoise icon.... (the first tortoise speech buble icon...), then tortoise forum
but still, i think it looks great!!!

dont you think it would look better if you shortcut this:
Expert Information And Advice On: Tortoise Care, Tortoise Pyramiding, Tortoises as Pets, Tortoise Advice, Breeding Tortoises, Tortoise Habitat

to something like this:
Expert Information and advice on: Tortoise care, pyramiding, breeding, habitat and advice.

Or something like that? .. you know... a little smaller to make it fit all in one paragraph...
(just a suggestion)...

I love it, great job, I think it definitely looks more tortie style :p

Status
Not open for further replies.