A friend gave me injured baby turtle!

My friend got a baby turtle and she put it in a tank with her other adult turtles and one of them but the baby and it's one eye is gone but she told me it was still alive but has been not eating she gave me the baby to take care of and I don't know what to do! Will it die because the eye isn't there?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would set it up in a tank by itself and give it just enough water that it can submerge fully. Give it the basking spot and everything it needs. Then give it some time to over come the trauma and realize there is nothing else in the tank that can hurt it again.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm pretty sure it will. It's had quite a trauma and now it's in another new home. Needs some adjusting time. Get him set up properly and keep feeding him. Just cut the amount down until he starts to eat.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
I'm not as confident that it will do well, especially if that trauma was indeed caused by another turtle. You have a Yellow Bellied Slider, Trachemys scripta scripta, by the way, just so you can research how to properly care for this species.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Briana Delgado and a very warm welcome to the forum.

Keep your turtle alone: these cute animals do NOT like company.

And please keep us updated, please.