A funny thing happened on our way to buy an iPhone cord...

visco

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Taiwan
Somehow on a trip out to go grab a new charging cord for a cell phone we ended up "just stopping by" the local tort & reptile shop here in Taipei "Just to see how big our baby's brothers and sisters are getting".
Some how we ended up coming home with an adorable 3-4 month old Taiwan captive bred Eastern Hermann baby... I'm pretty sure I said no (about 3 times), but somehow it managed to make it's way out the door with us!
We couldn't be more excited so I thought I would share a few pics of Avocado the baby and Tortilla(1 year old baby).

Attachments

• avo1.jpg
    avo1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • avo2.jpg
    avo2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • avo3.jpg
    avo3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
One of the member (Grandpa Torts 144) in the form always said below statement in his greeting to the new members of the forum:

Tortoise are like eating a bag of potato chips ( he will said Lay's), you can never get only one.

My question to you will be: Did you get the cell phone charger's cord??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Actually tortoises have physic powers that compel you to take them home. I have seen it.

visco

5 Year Member
Taiwan
One of the member (Grandpa Torts 144) in the form always said below statement in his greeting to the new members of the forum:

Tortoise are like eating a bag of potato chips ( he will said Lay's), you can never get only one.

My question to you will be: Did you get the cell phone charger's cord??

Yes!..well, 2 cords and a new case... somehow...
I forgot to mention that the babies are in their pee-and-poo where ever you want temporary holding area. We use this when we clean the enclosure and want to keep them out of trouble. They seem to hold it until they are back in the clean enclosure though. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, I like how you don't know how it happened:D The power of NO doesn't work too well when it comes to tortoises:D

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
How could u say no to that face!! They are just too addictive...
I'd love to be able to have the space and facilities for another, maybe one day...
When I bought Tink, I had popped out to get horse feed, and just decided to have a 'quick look' in the reptile shop... And left with him :)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND

I tell my fiancé this all the time...I don't think he believes me. :p

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes!..well, 2 cords and a new case... somehow...
I forgot to mention that the babies are in their pee-and-poo where ever you want temporary holding area. We use this when we clean the enclosure and want to keep them out of trouble. They seem to hold it until they are back in the clean enclosure though. :)
I'm glad that you did get your cord.

So what is the next excuse you will use to visit that reptile store again??

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Actually tortoises have physic powers that compel you to take them home. I have seen it.
OMG! I guess I just got that confirmed! They so have mind bending powers they use to manipulate you to their will, and somehow I always fall for it...
:D
:<3: tortoises!!!