A Good Friday Morning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Jerry Lee Breakfast Time.JPGFor all of you that have been so nice to help me in getting myself and Jerry Lee thru his illness, I wanted to share a pic that warmed my heart: Jerry ate some breakfast this morning! He loves yellow squash so he ate that and some spring mix. I wanted to celebrate this step forward and thank everyone again for all the encouragement!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
High five!!!​

That is such wonderful news to end the week on! Congrats to both of you and keep up the good work! *doing a happy dance*

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Awesome, everyone here was worried for you, glad it's getting better *hugs*

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Fantastic. Things will turn. Just keep up the same thing and this will be a thing of the past before too long.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
tortadise said:
Fantastic. Things will turn. Just keep up the same thing and this will be a thing of the past before too long.

Thanks again for all your help Kelly. This morning after his soak, Jerry Lee had a big breakfast-ate everything I put in front of him :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just gets better and better!!!

I think he was just saving this to give you a very special Mother's Day weekend gift and you deserved such a great gift, you have been an amazing "Mom" to him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's pretty good news!

It's hard to tell because the pic is a little blurry, but if you put calcium powder on the food, only use a tiny pinch of the powder between your thumb and forefinger. They sometimes won't eat if you put too much.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
Yvonne G said:
That's pretty good news!

It's hard to tell because the pic is a little blurry, but if you put calcium powder on the food, only use a tiny pinch of the powder between your thumb and forefinger. They sometimes won't eat if you put too much.

Thats a cheap cell phone for ya-lol yes I do put the powder on and thank you for the heads up-I always wondered if maybe I was dusting it too much-don't want to stall his progress!! :)

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
Jacqui said:
Just gets better and better!!!

I think he was just saving this to give you a very special Mother's Day weekend gift and you deserved such a great gift, you have been an amazing "Mom" to him.

That is very sweet of you-I appreciate it :)

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
I have started adding Mazuri grassland diet to all of my tortoise's food regularly and almost don't add calcium anymore. There is always a discussion about balanced diet and not needing to supplement with calcium. I'm in that camp. mine eat the grassland mixed in no problem. You do however have to grind it up in a coffee grinder first before adding it in.works much better that way.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is JL still continuing to improve and eat well?

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
Jacqui said:
Is JL still continuing to improve and eat well?

Hi Jacqui-yes he is-thank Goodness!!! I was off the site a few days as one of my indoor only cats escaped and gave me and his Dad a nice scare! (he was so scared he was hiding under the deck and we got him back after two days). These kids, let me tell ya. :D Jerry Lee is now in the routine of a nice warm morning soak while I shower, then he eats breakfast and goes to his humid side and naps most of the day. Such a relief! Thanks for checking up on him-I really appreciate the support. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.