A Little Look Into My Menagerie:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is a "purchased" 2016 SA leopard (on the left) and a "rescued" babcock. The Babcock is Little Kim, and she had a pretty hard life before being rescued by one of our members here:

2016 SA leopard and 2013 Babcock, Kim 5-1-17.jpg

My 2010 SA leopard male is pretty small. I guess I didn't feed him well enough during his fast-growing years. Here he is on the right in the first picture and on the left in the second picture. Benawes is the other tortoise. I bought Benawes from our member Ben Awes a year or so ago. He hatched in 2013 and is darned near as big as the 2010 male - and yes, even though Benawes has an extra scute, he is definitely male:2010 SA leopard male and 2013 Benawes  5-1-17 b.jpg 2010 SA leopard male and 2013 Benawes  5-1-17.jpg

This next couple pictures are of three "purchased" 2014 SA leopards:

2014 SA leopards a.jpg 2014 SA leopards b.jpg

Moving on into the rain forest. This is my small group of Manouria emys phayrei. Starting lower left and going clockwise, 2015 (hatched here), July 2016 (Purchased from Vic Morgan) and the last two are August 2016 (hatched by Will in San Diego):

clockwise 2015, July 2016 and two August 2016 MEP.jpg

This is a current picture of BO (on the left) and SO (on the right):

5-1-17 Aldabran.jpg

(They're for sale if anyone is interested)

The next picture is Bondo, James Bondo trying to intimidate a female into dinner and a movie:

5-1-17 Bondo, James Bondo.jpg

This is a cute little desert tortoise that's looking for a home. He's about 6 years old and just a perfect-looking little specimen. If I didn't already have a male I would consider keeping him. He's perfect:

5-1-17 CDT rescue.jpg

Here's Dudley in all his glory. He weighs about 110lbs now. The picture tells me he needs the sides of his beak trimmed. I'll have to look into that:

5-1-17 Dudley.jpg

This is my little Manouria emys emys family. I think the male is wild caught, and I bought the female from Michael Rajkumar in Sacramento a couple years ago (too bad I didn't wet their shells. They show so much prettier when wet):

5-1-17 Mee.jpg

My little RF family. The two females (the bigger ones) came from our member Dr. Cosmonaut and the male was purchased from a guy in SoCal:

5-1-17 RF.jpg

My little Russian family - a male and three females:

5-1-17 Russians.jpg

A portion of my little Texas family (Gopherus berlandieri):

5-1-17 Texas.jpg

These are my Yellowfoot tortoises. They're not the prettiest or largest specimens on the planet, but it's a nice little group. I get eggs all the time, but have trouble with the hatching of them. I'm working on it:

5-1-17 YF.jpg

I'll finish off the thread with a look at some of my plants:

5-1-17 jade.jpg 5-1-17 Madagascar.jpg 5-1-17 more succuents.jpg 5-1-17 succulents.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, I didn't realize you had so many different ones. And all those potted plants. You must be very busy with all that and taking in rescues too. Plus, that's not all of them right? Don't you have Boxies and water Turtles too? You go girl.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, there's a lot more that I didn't show. These are the ones that were easy to find and set up for a photo shoot.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
They are beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Nice to see such a large collection maintained so well and in such good conditions. You should be very proud. It's quite the accomplishment.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You are a lady with great heart! ! ! ! ! !:<3::<3::<3::<3: