A little too cold in my incubator

paper_boy

10 Year Member!
Due to a power outage today, my star eggs in the incubator experience 9hours in 25c temps. Its just their 5th day inside. Will they be all right?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I can't say for sure because I've never done an experiment to see, but I'll bet they are fine. Several of us have been experimenting with night temp drops on our eggs and getting great results. I don't drop them to 25 but I have dropped SA leopard eggs from 30 down to 26 every night for the duration of incubation and got great hatch rates. I'll bet your eggs are fine.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Due to a power outage today, my star eggs in the incubator experience 9hours in 25c temps. Its just their 5th day inside. Will they be all right?
You didn't say what type of Star eggs you have, but I used to cool my Burmese Stars eggs at temps from 12C-15C (54F to 60F) for 4 weeks before incubating them. I don't think 9 hours at 77F will have any deleterious effect on your eggs, especially after only 5 days of incubation.

Sterant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Albany, NY
For some reason my street has experienced several power outage's of more than 4 hours over the past few weeks. I have a number of radiated and chersina eggs incubating and they are all fine. They aren't star eggs but.....