A Lost Tortoise Story to Brighten Your Day

Mistabagel12

5 Year Member
My Russian Vladimir amazingly escaped from his outdoor pen the other day. As you can all imagine I was both shocked and deeply saddened. I searched as much as I could but him being only 10 inches it felt useless. I also live right next to a huge sump that he would always try to get into when I would let him roam around under supervision, so Ifigured he was in there and lost forever. I came to tortforum sunday night and searched "lost tortoise" in hopes of maybe seeing some happy stories to bring my spirits and hopes up. Of the few stories I read, commenters often said that putting up signs and stuffing mailboxes is a good tactic. For whatever reason I hadn't thought of that and I printed out some signs with vlad's picture and posted them around town. But never really thought it would work. I got a call today that someone had found Vladimir walking up his driveway. I am so grateful to this person and just feel very lucky to have him back. So to anyone who ever loses their little dude, do all that you can even if it seems hopeless because in the end it was those couple of signs I put around town that got him back to me. Have a great day everyone...

Mistabagel12

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. On top of that, the man who found vlad had actually taken him to the park and let him go. He only saw my sign ON HIS WAY HOME from the park. He then went back to the park, searched bushes, and eventually found him...again. Could not be more grateful to this kind human who went out of his way for a little tortoise. =)

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
Thanks everyone. On top of that, the man who found vlad had actually taken him to the park and let him go. He only saw my sign ON HIS WAY HOME from the park. He then went back to the park, searched bushes, and eventually found him...again. Could not be more grateful to this kind human who went out of his way for a little tortoise. =)

Glad to hear there are still some good people out there!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tortoise Forum.

turtlelou

5 Year Member
wow! Such a close call. So happy for you!