A lot of white stuff in pee

JhinTheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
My tortoise peed a huge chunk of white stuff, I know they normally do this, but this is a little concerning to me because it is pretty massive. I was wondering if it’s because of her diet? she mainly eats weeds such as dandelions and lettuce.25317D8B-ECD0-443B-976E-5CF6C6D28EC7.jpeg

bella&george

AZ
Seems like normal urates. People usually say that they have the consistency of toothpaste or egg yolk, but they can be gritty and powdery if your tortoise isn't getting enough water. (A problem I think i'm having with my sulcatas) I don't think you have anything to worry about in this case.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
White is urates so normal. Try to increase soaks for around 40 mins daily or 3 times a week in shallow warm 35C water temp in a container they can not walk out of! This will encourage water drinking and hydration and urates will be more watery. Diet of weeds etc is great and provide fresh water 24 X 7 in enclosure replenished twice a day in a dish they can walk in and out of similar to a flower pot water base.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoise peed a huge chunk of white stuff, I know they normally do this, but this is a little concerning to me because it is pretty massive. I was wondering if it’s because of her diet? she mainly eats weeds such as dandelions and lettuce.View attachment 328116
This is normal and fine.