A NEW HOME FOR DUMBLEDORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyAmerica

5 Year Member
I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted pics of their enclosures on here. You will find that I took bits and pieces out of several to construct this home for Dumbledore. Keep in mind I am brand new at this tortoise thing! Please let me know anything that needs fixing. I am going to do some rearranging when I move (in 2 days) and I still need to cap the corners but I really like the look of the table! I also took step by step pics that I can post if anyone is interested. My favorite part is the removable screen for when I put him outside in the summer (my least favorite part to build however)... Sadly it is starting to get chilly here in SOCAL so the little guy is moving inside tomorrow morning. I have two lamps (that need upgrading at some point). One is a 75 watt heat lamp, the other is a 75 watt UV bulb. When he moves inside I will be clamping the to the sides. Anyways after 2 days of hard work, 4 trips to home depot, and wayyyyy to much money spent... Here is the new enclosure!dumbhouse11.jpgdumbhouse22.jpgdumbhouse33.jpgdumbhouse44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sardis, MS
It looks good. Do you make anymore pics of your setup inside the table? Also I would not use clamp lamps because they can fall pretty easy and there is so many bad things that will happen if that occurs. I would use a lamp stand or find a way to suspend the lamps above the table. I would also get a 100 watt MVB. The best is Mega ray or T-Rex active UV heat. Both are on back order so in the mean time everyone suggested to me to get the zoo med powersun. Best looking tort table I have seen. Its actually not ugly like most I have seen.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! You've done a great job on your tort table.

LindaF

5 Year Member
Wow very pretty. I bet Dumbledore is one happy tort!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good job :) Dumbledore's enclosure is beautiful, I really like it! And by the way I love the name "Dumbledore" :D it is very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.