A question for Tom - dog related

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I was wondering if you would be willing to give me a couple of pointers on an issue I'm having with my dog. In general he is a great dog, but there is a frustrating behavior I would like to stop. Do you do that kind of thing? Give a couple of pointers on threads?

If you are willing to, here is the issue. Gizmo is a very friendly and outgoing dog, with both people and other dogs. He loves to meet new dogs and play with dogs. The problem comes when he meets a dog that is not interested in playing or being friends. He will follow the dog around, barking at him the entire time trying to get attention. No matter what I do to distract him, he always goes back to being annoying. My mother's dog and one of my sisters dogs are not all that interested. They are ok hanging out around other dogs, but they have no interest in being "friends". My sisters dog must have told him off in dog language because he became a bit timid around her and will still try to follow her around but the minute she looks at him he takes off now. But at any rate, I'd like to try to teach him a more appropriate way to act. A less annoying way!

I know it's hard to give any kind of advice without seeing the situation at hand, so I understand if that is the case.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Don't forget you can now tag Tom, like this: "now paging my pal @Tom !"