A Resident found a box turtle, should I release him?

SunniRaee

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
If you kept it, it would spend its time trying to get out to go back to the place it came from. Never being happy or thriving. It's said they will spend their life time trying to get back to their territory.
I put him back and I go to check on him.

SunniRaee

Maryland
Your not far from me. I grew up right down the road from you In Morningside.I haven't been into Old Town Upper Marlboro for years, go through quite often either on 4 or 301. My Maryland house is in Huntingtown. Send me a PM and and maybe we can get together soon.
I'm new to this forum...how do I send a PM?

SunniRaee

Maryland
Your not far from me. I grew up right down the road from you In Morningside.I haven't been into Old Town Upper Marlboro for years, go through quite often either on 4 or 301. My Maryland house is in Huntingtown. Send me a PM and and maybe we can get together soon.
YES I live near the court house!

SunniRaee

Maryland
Lets get together soon, I'm supper excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm new to this forum...how do I send a PM?
Click on "inbox" in the upper right corner, then click on "Start a new conversation" When the new box opens, you just type in the username of the person you want to send a PM (Private message, now called conversation)

SunniRaee

Maryland
Click on "inbox" in the upper right corner, then click on "Start a new conversation" When the new box opens, you just type in the username of the person you want to send a PM (Private message, now called conversation)
Awesome, thank you so much!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Lets get together soon, I'm supper excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you found a place to get ya a box turtle! The forum comes thru again! Now if it would just come thru for me :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I'm sure it will, I'm in no rush though. Not like I really need anymore turtles anyway! Lol

JENNY04

Yes, if it’s wild, then definitely release it.
You shouldn't catch and release expecially if it was exposed to other turtles or tortoises, so it should not have been taken into captivity,but I would release it close to the area where it was found.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
You shouldn't catch and release expecially if it was exposed to other turtles or tortoises, so it should not have been taken into captivity,but I would release it close to the area where it was found.

I’m sorry, was this directed at me? Or was it an accidental quote? :)