A secret oasis for the world's most endangered turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So apparently I am the only one who can't post in the news section. It keeps on denying me access but I am not bitter honest. Mods feel free to move this

Did anyone catch this article in the LA times either in print or online?
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tortoise-20110605,0,7251385.story
I would love to go visit there, but apparently they only allow biologists in, so anyone got any credentials I can borrow?

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
That is awesome. I think just about everyone on this forum would give anything to check that place out.

I just checked out their website also, very cool. Lots of pictures. It looks like you can actually buy hatchlings from them as well, but it looks like they really check you out before selling you anything, definitely a good program they are running.

Does anyone here know anyone that works for the turtle conservancy or has been to this location in California? I would love to hear more about this place.

http://turtleconservancy.org

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
That is soooo interesting. Might have to go back to school to get a degree in biology ;)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
this was psoted a few weeks ago.. and the other projects they are doing or supporting are also very cool. World wide..

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I guess I have to wait another 20 or so years until I can visit that place. :( But it seems really neat, especially considering the fact that they're doing other projects worldwide.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
That is very cool that they are trying to save a few endangered tortoises..

Status
Not open for further replies.