A special gift??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
A gift??

I love Dragon Flies...I have them in my room everywhere...I have a perfume decanter with a jeweled Drangon Fly on the top that my son gave me for one birthday....I have tons of pictures of them hovering over my pond...My favorite picture is "Dragon Fly"....you get the picture.
This weekend I went up to my son's college for two days for family weekend and we took a walk through one of the Nature trails. After we were half way up the mountain, we sat on a bench and started to talk about how much his Dad would have loved it up here as he was a real outdoorsy kind of guy and was always going herping before it became popular. We talked and reiterated stories about all his outdoor adventures...... and all of a sudden a beautiful red dragon fly landed on my lap, and then my head. Then he flew down and landed on my hand and just stayed there. My son took some pictures because we couldn't quite believe it. He just sat with us for a half hour and went from my head to my shoulder to my hand again. We didn't want to leave, but eventually I just put him down on the arm of the bench and we started back down the trail. He followed us to the next bench about 1/4 mile and we sat down again he again he sat on my hand. By this time we were both in tears, and knew we had to get going down the mountain before it got dark so we got up to leave and the Dragon Fly flew away. A gift from Mike's Dad? We thought so....just like the glass decanter. I will never forget that day and neither will Mike. Does anyone else have any experiences with "little gifts" like this?

081-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

030-2.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Gave me goose bumps! I'm not a believer in humans coming back as animals, but I almost had the thought that maybe it was you-know-who.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tell you the truth, I don't believe they come back as animals either, but I do believe they can send one to us.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terryo what a wonderful little gift you both received that day to cherish forever, whether you are a believer or not. :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
What a beautiful story and a beautiful gift Yvonne. My fiance's dad died last January and in February, there was a buterfly in our house (it was super cold outside with a lot of snow...), my fiance and I thought that maybe his dad sent it to tell us he was ok :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I too believe that it is a testament to the Truth that our loved ones never really leave us; remnants of their souls inhabit the corporeal world and reach out to us from time to time.

My friend lost her father a few years ago; at the funeral the family had some orchids that had been the dad's favorite, and my friend brought one home. The flower died and my friend kept the plant (orchids are very unpredictable bloomers), nothing impressive happened till exactly one year after the funeral, her dad's favorite flower bloomed again, a stunning blossom that lasted much longer than is typical for that plant.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well if I wasn't a believer (which I definetly am) I would be after reading this story. I love stories like that one Terry they're so beautiful. Thanks for the pictures and sharing with us. :)

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Terry: What a beautiful experience! When we moved to our little farm the year my older brother died (he had gone farm hunting with us the year before he became ill), I could "feel" him with me every morning I went out to feed the animals, but I have never had an experience like yours...what a blessing.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!! That is SOOO SO special Terry !!!! How lucky you are. I've always seen dragon flies as these mystical and majestic types

Status
Not open for further replies.