A Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, Arizona, USA
at 16, i have PTSD, depression, HORRIBLE nightmares, chronic body pains, severe anger issues, and insomnia. i do online school because my sleep is so bad i couldnt function properly in class. i acquired my first tortoise (a 4.5-inch Russian that was found and i decided to take since i love reptiles) over two and a half months ago, and a second one (my Leopard whom i rescued a few weeks ago from people who had no idea what they were doing)..and theyve been my saving grace. they help me through my day, they are my motivation to to get up everyday. as i take care of them, i feel them taking care of me. i owe these two young ones a big thank you, and another one for everyone on this forum for allowing me to read up on how to keep my kids alive. i cant tell you enough how nice it is to just pull this app up on my phone when im in a bad mood and i feel better a couple minutes later.

0.1.0 Russian
0.0.1 Leopard
1.0.0 Blue Pit/American Bulldog
Chive On!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am so glad the forum helps you! Its like friends we never meet but know they are always there. I think the forum is much more than tortoise talk. I am very sorry to hear what all you are going thru! I know what you mean about your tortoises helping you.....mine help me too!! I am glad you told us about yourself. I am always here if you need to talk and I am sure other TFO friends are too!!

Hugs to you!! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow...life's throwing a bunch of stuff at you at a very young age. Sounds like it can only get better from here...and the tortoises are the start of that. It's nice to know that we can be of some help to you and are a part of your day. I don't have near the trouble that you do, but I really love the Forum also, and can't seem to get along without it.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Simply watching a tortoise going about his/her tortoise-y business is one of the best therapies I know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am happy thatnyour tortoises and this forum give positive feelings.
Many cultures and religions feel that tortoises are a symbol of peace, tranquility, strength. Maybe your babies are bringing these feelings into your life. Maybe it is no coincidence that they ended up in your life. Either way, I'm glad!
I find great happiness in taking care of my tortoises and turtles.
Good luck!

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
you all have just further proven my point. this is a good place. some people have their complaints, but no system can make EVERY person happy.

0.1.0 Russian
0.0.1 Leopard
1.0.0 Blue Pit/American Bulldog
Chive On!

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I'm really happy that you doing better. .
now come the really smart saying when life gives you lemons you make lemon juice..lol:D

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I am happy that you tortoises are bringing you happiness. On my days off from work I am sometimes so tired that if I did not need to get up to take care of my tortoises I would probably stay in bed for hours and hours instead of getting up and starting my day. I love taking care of my tortoises and watching them go about their day.

I am sorry you have had bad things happen to you, but look forward to the future as things will get better for you and you will have a happy life. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I totally understand where you are coming from. I have had severe depression myself. After I got my Cherry Head's and I knew that I had to start to function as they depended on me things started to get better. I still have terrible days when I don't want to get out of bed and as I pass by the vivarium and see that little face looking at me waiting for something to eat, I have to smile. This is a wonderful forum because of the caring people here......and they really DO care. No matter how hard my day is I have to stop in and see what everyone's up to. Things will get better for you, and if you ever need to vent, I'm willing to listen. Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.