A tiny turt wandering in my backyard!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436887501.228701.jpg

They definitely didn't appreciate me getting up close for a photo session, but happily ate a couple strawberries I put out for them later.
I never found out what caused the two holes in their shell-- bite marks, possibly?

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
That's what I thought, especially because there's no other damage. I just hate to think that someone could do anything like that, and why?!
Well they used to drill holes in tortoises shells to chain them to trees to keep them getting away.
Although those are normally on the edge of the shell.
It's horrible, I hope it's not what I said about in the above^ that would be so painful :(

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Well that is a turtle "stink eye" if i've ever seen one. They sure are good at looking high and mighty for being so low to the ground.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I've seen dog-picked-it-up punctures before, just two like that, not on both sides. It was not a case of the dog trying to chew or eat the turtle, just picked it up. Not saying for sure that's what you've got here, but it could be. The holes were very regular.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would say drill holes too. The dog would have to bite pretty hard to put holes like that and I would imagine there would be more damage then two pretty perfect holes. Probably some cruel kids or someones is that to mark it, possibly being their pet that got out.