A very Happy 3 months! The Adventures of Tortellini (so far!)

ScStange891

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi, All!

Bit of a long post warning, but I feel that since I've had my Tortellini for a quarter of a year now, and it's Valentines day, that I should commemorate it with a little story (and lots of pictures)...

The Beginning: Last year, around my birthday, I decided to research caring for a turtle or tortoise as a birthday gift to myself. After doing a lot of reading, I realized the amount of work and that it was no snap decision, so I spend 3 months building up bits of knowledge and purchasing supplies. I had placed an order on Tortoise Supply to get me a baby Russian Tortoise on November 14th.

The Night Before: The night before he was slated to arrive, I was so nervous, which I'm sure is common. A million questions swirled in my head.. Even when I got the box labeled "CAUTION LIVE TORTOISE!", I just held the box and looked at it for several minutes before meeting the gentle little soul inside.

As soon as I opened the box, however, that all changed. I wasn't sure if he'd survived the trip, but when I lifted him out of the container, he instantly stuck out his head and eyed me up in a look that I now describe as the "Hello big fleshy thing. Do you have food for me?" look.

The past three months, while a huge learning experience, have been great. While he's still super tiny, I've watched him more than double his weight, and adventure in his little box.
IMG_1653.JPG IMG_1654.jpg bath1.JPG IMG_1780.JPG

Through these weeks, we've shared holidays, naps, and broke bread (salad) together.
IMG_1756.jpg IMG_2287.JPG IMG_1847.JPG

And as you tell by the weigh in:

IMG_2453.jpg

He's grown a bit, from

IMG_1823 (1).JPG to IMG_2413.jpg

And while he LOVES adventuring and "tolerates" travel...
IMG_2441.jpg IMG_2355.JPG IMG_2263.jpg

He'd really just prefer to eat and soak all day!
IMG_2257.JPG bath2.jpg

Thanks, everyone on the Tortoise Forum, for all of your helpful advice, and "suffering" this long post!

Here's to many more months of adventure from me and my Lini!!!

IMG_2452.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    605.4 KB · Views: 44

ScStange891

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Thank you! I take so many photos of the tortoise it's borderline obsessive! But this was basically love at first sight, so I'm really enjoying the whole process of watching him grow!