a visit to a local pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Today I went to collect some duckweed from the local pond, but it was too early. We got a little bit. I took my son and my grandson and got some great pictures, but only saw one painted turtle. In another week or two there will be loads of turtles sitting on logs there. All kinds...painted..res.
A little bit of duckweed
102.jpg

my grandson scooping some up
103.jpg

one lone painted turtle basking
109.jpg

this guy got a hand out from my son
114.jpg

On the right side of the picture, it gets narrow and this is where the pond empties into the bay. This is where the water is half fresh water and half salt water. In the summer there are loads of Diamond Backs there basking. It was getting late, and we didn't want to walk over to see if there was any. Next time when I go for more duckweed we will take a look.
099.jpg

Just resting.....
097.jpg

Some people were catching Sunnies and just having a picnic.
112.jpg

116.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Boy Terry, what a wonderful place and way to spend the day. Great pics. Thanks for sharing with us.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pics Terry! Nice way to spend an afternoon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a wonderful way to spend the day. Bet your Grandson enjoyed "playing" in the water. So great to especially see three generations spending time together and I am sure those pictures carried memories of laughter on them. :D

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
Terry,

That is wonderful and a great place to be with your family. My son will do the same thing that your grandson is doing in the picture. And thank goodness it's not down in Florida. The place you describe in one of the pics that is half fresh and half salt water, in Florida you will find a lot of alligators in these areas. Again thanks for sharing your great pics.

Minh

Status
Not open for further replies.