Above ground pools used as fish ponds...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Thanks.
I need to incorporate some sort of bail out ramps in there out of view.
I just scooped out 3 drowned Curley Tailed lizards.

I just got back from visiting there. Didn't get the time to head out your way unfortunately. I haven't been there for about 8 years and I was amazed at all the different kinds of Lizards living there now.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks.
I need to incorporate some sort of bail out ramps in there out of view.
I just scooped out 3 drowned Curley Tailed lizards.
Ugh... The problems of trying something new...

I love the look of these pools and how you enclosed them. Can't wait to see pics of your cichlids in them. I love that species. That is the one we used to call C. citronellum, right? I don't even know what the newest Latin names are anymore. I always confused those and Red Devils. I liked both, but I love the hump heads on the Midas cichlids even more.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
But won't that also provide an escape route for the turtles?

I think he only wants fish inside (Cichlids) ....unless... it’s this type..

The walking catfish (Clarias batrachus) is a species of freshwater airbreathing catfish native to Southeast Asia. It is named for its ability to "walk" and wiggle across dry land, to find food or suitable environments. While it does not truly walk as most bipeds or quadrupeds do, it has the ability to use its pectoral fins to keep it upright as it makes a wiggling motion with snakelike movements. This fish normally lives in slow-moving and often stagnant waters in ponds, swamps, streams and rivers, flooded rice paddies or temporary pools which may dry up. When this happens, its "walking" skill allows the fish to move to other sources of water. Considerable taxonomic confusion surrounds this species and it has frequently been confused with other close relatives. / thank u Wiki for this info /

32B83067-6A49-4D5E-ADAA-9758A98403F8.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

The walking catfish (Clarias batrachus) is a species of freshwater airbreathing catfish native to Southeast Asia. It is named for its ability to "walk" and wiggle across dry land, to find food or suitable environments. While it does not truly walk as most bipeds or quadrupeds do, it has the ability to use its pectoral fins to keep it upright as it makes a wiggling motion with snakelike movements. This fish normally lives in slow-moving and often stagnant waters in ponds, swamps, streams and rivers, flooded rice paddies or temporary pools which may dry up. When this happens, its "walking" skill allows the fish to move to other sources of water. Considerable taxonomic confusion surrounds this species and it has frequently been confused with other close relatives. / thank u Wiki for this info /

View attachment 271132
Oh!! Oopsie, I should pay more attention. I blame Ed, His pools diverted my attention away from everything else. :D:D

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

View attachment 271132
They've got those in South Florida lol

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Love it Ed!! I just found this thread!! You need to check in to the CDR once in a while. Did you see the pond my husband and I built?
I just added a pondair2 and love it!!

Have fun with your ponds!!