Acelepryn (Chlorantraniliprole)

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
My town has an infestation of Japanese Beetle. The WSDA is undertaking eradication efforts. They want to apply Acelepryn G (granule) to turf grass and then apply Acelepryn (liquid) to all foliage. The active ingredient is chlorantraniliprole. I have looked at the DOH information, watched the webinar and looked at the EPA sheets. This is supposed to be a much safer pesticide than other options. I believe it is a systemic product and the liquid formula is supposed to last 3 months. I was told they wouldn’t spray my fenced garden where I grow berries and herbs but there is lawn on one side of it.
EPA sheets say non toxic to mammals and birds.
Does anyone have any experience with this pesticide? It looks like it is commonly applied to golf courses, race tracks.
I am hoping that if it isn’t applied to my garden, I can still harvest weeds and plants from there for my hermanns tort.

Not sure how this will impact my ability to feed my tort.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not familiar with that product, but when the County notifies us they're going to spray for whatever bug is currently the problem I contact them and ask them to not spray my property because I have grazing tortoises which are susceptible to toxins. They honor that request.

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
I don’t have to give permission to treat my yard but I’d like to if I can accurately determine length of time this pesticide might be active and if I can determine if I can keep my small garden untreated if the rest of the yard is treated.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I don’t have to give permission to treat my yard but I’d like to if I can accurately determine length of time this pesticide might be active and if I can determine if I can keep my small garden untreated if the rest of the yard is treated.
I think there are too many "ifs". I can understand your concern.