adding to the family?

chrissie40

Location (City and/or State)
newcastle under lyme
I recently adopted an old tortoise (60ish years) male. He is a spur thigh, possibly Greek or Turkish. I would like another tortoise but unsure whether to have male or female. I don't want to breed them. Any suggestions??

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Can you post some pictures of the plastron and tail for us? We might be able to help you determine the sex of your tortoise.

chrissie40

newcastle under lyme
My tort is definitely male. He's an old boy. Just wondering if he would pester a female or fight with another male? Don't want to stress him

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Save yourself and him a world of grief and don't get a second one unless you are prepared to keep them separated forever. Enjoy this guy. He doesn't want company.

caligull

5 Year Member
I agree with johnsonnboswel. Enjoy him. Two males will most likely stress each other out, and well if you get a female and you keep them together the male will always be wanting to mate.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. Agree with johnsonnboswel.

A picture of this torts will be nice. Thanks.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
The only problem i see here is that we the tortoiseforum group have an addiction to photos.... you tease us with one photo =( LOL.... Just like everybody, unless you are ready to separate for the rest of their life dont bother with a second one. =)