Adopted Lyle from Elohi!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Lyle 3.jpg Lyle 2.jpg Lyle 1.jpg I was lucky enough to get to adopt Lyle from @Elohi . Here is his new home and here he is going wild in the egg plant and zucchini bushes. My hope is he will make pretty babies with the little female ornate we have in there. They have been isolated in the front part of the garden and Lyle has proven to be quite the Don Juan. Enjoy.Garden.jpg

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
OMG, I'm going to CRY!!!!! I'm SO HAPPY for him! I just turned to a pile of mush. Thank you so much for posting pictures!

Elohi(Earth)
If you look at the pic of the entire garden you will see a cinder block in the shadow on the right. That is his favorite spot. He hunts mornings and evenings in the garden and retires there in the heat of the day. The block in the sun has a three toed male and the female ornate in it. Also, look closly and you can see Lyle eating a lettuce leaf, lol.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
OMG, I'm going to CRY!!!!! I'm SO HAPPY for him! I just turned to a pile of mush. Thank you so much for posting pictures!

Elohi(Earth)
When is happened?

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
How nice - from one great home to another. What a great group of forum members we have!

Flipper

MO, USA
Lovely pics :) it's wonderful that El will still be able to enjoy her turtle and know he's still being well cared for! Hugs!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
When is happened?
I was on vacation in San Antonio and Elohi was nice enough to meet me at a Pet Smart to transfer Lyle to the garden on the 11th of this month.

A little 411 on the garden. It is 53' x 23' and contains two areas. The back is a wild grown veggie garden with yellow and green squash, cucumbers, three different types of small tomatoes, egg plant and banana peppers. Giant sunflowers are planted along the back wall and a neighbor lady uses them to make arts and crafts. The veggies are not grown in traditional rows but planted randomly to create a wild look. The females nest in the squash vines in the very back. Babies are usually found when these plants are pulled up in the fall. Burried in the garden are 5 two foot oil pans that are filled daily with fresh water. There is also a turtle house at the front where all the boys and girls are locked in when winter hits around Thanksgiving. We let them out around the end of march. This entire area is covered in hay during the winter in case any babies are not found and have to over-winter in the garden. The front of the garden is un-mowed grass. Lyle beds down in this part with the female ornate. The gate is shut whenever the two of them are spotted alone in there. We are hoping that Lyle passes on that green head and those white spots this summer!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I was on vacation in San Antonio and Elohi was nice enough to meet me at a Pet Smart to transfer Lyle to the garden on the 11th of this month.

A little 411 on the garden. It is 53' x 23' and contains two areas. The back is a wild grown veggie garden with yellow and green squash, cucumbers, three different types of small tomatoes, egg plant and banana peppers. Giant sunflowers are planted along the back wall and a neighbor lady uses them to make arts and crafts. The veggies are not grown in traditional rows but planted randomly to create a wild look. The females nest in the squash vines in the very back. Babies are usually found when these plants are pulled up in the fall. Burried in the garden are 5 two foot oil pans that are filled daily with fresh water. There is also a turtle house at the front where all the boys and girls are locked in when winter hits around Thanksgiving. We let them out around the end of march. This entire area is covered in hay during the winter in case any babies are not found and have to over-winter in the garden. The front of the garden is un-mowed grass. Lyle beds down in this part with the female ornate. The gate is shut whenever the two of them are spotted alone in there. We are hoping that Lyle passes on that green head and those white spots this summer!
Sounds perfect! As much as I loved that grumpy boy, I knew he just needed to be a male turtle and be passing on his beauty and health. He is an awesome little turtle and I am thrilled that he is already getting with the program hahaha

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Sounds perfect! As much as I loved that grumpy boy, I knew he just needed to be a male turtle and be passing on his beauty and health. He is an awesome little turtle and I am thrilled that he is already getting with the program hahaha

Elohi(Earth)
I didn't ever plan on obtaining females for him because most of my yard will be leo dedicated as they get bigger and I didn't want anyone to lack space or have him live entirely alone is whole life, when he could be passing on those awesome genes. Yay Lyle! And thank you so much for providing him with such alarge and plentiful space Saleama!

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I bet he isn't nearly as grumpy now that he has a female! Hahaha

Elohi(Earth)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I bet he isn't nearly as grumpy now that he has a female! Hahaha

Elohi(Earth)
Actually, he tried to bite me when I attempted to take his picture inside his cinder block. I will know his babies instantly as he is the only non-three toed male in the garden and we only have 2 non-three toed females. So if the babies have four toes on their back feet, they have to be his considering every baby mixed ornate we have has the three toed traits. And he has access to 7 females, lol.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Hahaha he is such a grump! He is hilarious! Maybe he will chill out as he ages, since he is so young and just became mature.

Elohi(Earth)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I have three juvenile Ornates that I think are all female as well. I can't wait to see how that turns out. They are only 4 years old so there is a fair ammount of time before they mature. They are only half his size now but one day, he will preside over a 1.4 group and be Shiek Lyle of Plano.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
How are your Leo's Saleama? Your name is Stephen right? I feel weird calling you by your TFO name after meeting you LOLZ. I am horrible with names and wasn't sure I had your name right until I got a text from your niece.
I am about to make some big enclosure changes for my Leo's. I had planned to use two of those 54 gallon tubs together but I am looking into a whole different set up altogether. :D.

Elohi(Earth)