Adoption for sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLackey

Hi I'm new to the community. I live in Nevada and found a sulcata. I have been caring for it and love it but understand it is out of my league in our area. We freeze here for months at a time and I think this tortoise would be much happier in a warmer environment. It's living in a table in the middle of my living room and eating like a champ!
I'm hoping to network to get this buddy to warmer ground...

Anyone able to care for another buddy?
It is still young about 7 or 8 lbs.
unsure on male or female..

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Hello @HLackey and a very warm welcome to the forum.

Can you upload pictures of the tort ? We are always curious and looking forward to pics.

HLackey

This is my friend, who I'm trying to find a home for.
I work with wild life for a living and found this guy/gal out where it would have froze to death. He/she has been a lot of fun and I adore it but I'm being realistic. A warmer home is truly needed for this lovely creature...

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Lots of keepers of sulcatas in Las Vegas. If you have the space and budget. You could keep him easy enough. All you need to know is here on this forum. If your not able to keep him. This is a good place to find him a home.

HLackey

Hello.
I found it working and have cared for it since last year. I'm grateful I found it or it may have froze to death. I'm in Carson City area and it freezes here for months at a time. We have a desert tortoise that we had for about 15 years. Tortoises are amazing and I love them but we don't have a great space for one that will grow to be a giant( right now it has to live in our house for half the year in a table which must be a total bummer for it.) So we are hoping to find warmer ground for this creature..

DEBBIEDIPI

Ky
Hi I'm new to the community. I live in Nevada and found a sulcata. I have been caring for it and love it but understand it is out of my league in our area. We freeze here for months at a time and I think this tortoise would be much happier in a warmer environment. It's living in a table in the middle of my living room and eating like a champ!

O he is so sweet my grandsons would love him. What would I need to do to get him here?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.:)
Very nice sulcata.
It's always sad when a tortoise is found wandering like that.
It possibly has grief stricken owners somewhere.
One assumes you did your best to trace the original owners, but it's still sad.:(

HLackey

Ok that's a great idea. I just respect this creature knowing how long it will live and how large it will get.
I've taken excellent care of it and want to be sure that it goes to a qualified individual. Even if that means I care for it for quite a while longer.

I foster many desert tortoises when they show up "on the move" until their owners are located. I take it very seriously as their lives are in our hands.

MayorMatt

Georgia
If I could get him to Georgia, I would love to have him. I'll send you a private message.

Willow8

Nevada

I am in Nevada and looking for a sulcata tortoise. Let me know if it still available. Thank you

Willow8

Nevada
Hello.
I found it working and have cared for it since last year. I'm grateful I found it or it may have froze to death. I'm in Carson City area and it freezes here for months at a time. We have a desert tortoise that we had for about 15 years. Tortoises are amazing and I love them but we don't have a great space for one that will grow to be a giant( right now it has to live in our house for half the year in a table which must be a total bummer for it.) So we are hoping to find warmer ground for this creature..

Willow8

Nevada
I am in Nevada and looking for a sulcata tortoise. Please let me know if this one is still available. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.