Adoption - specific

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDYPIE_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
okay - Please everbody -
I have recently stated on different groups that I am looking for a female sulcata. Each and every group has scolded me to almost the point of tears at times. I really just do not understand. 1. I am not a breeder, 2. a broker, 3. I am learned in the proper care and nutritian they require, 4. I have the proper invironment and enclosures for them.......... I know everybody is concerned about the over breeding of these lovely creatures, but my goodnes , the females deserve a lovely and safe home as well.
I was in hopes of having a "gal" that I could take with me to the Race For The Cure nov 6th here in austin. I am a two year survivor and this is my second race. I have a pink stoller I want to use but my hopes were to let her walk across the line with me. I even have my own little team for the race - "Saving the TaTas" (you have to keep a sence of humor about this)
Everybody seems to want to make some sort of ax-murderer out of me ---
If anybody should ever know of or hear of a female (age really doesn't matter) - please let me know. :(

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations on being a two year survivor. I am a soon to be 8 year survivor and I do understand especially about the humor. I don't know of any female Sulcatas available at this time but I wanted to wish you luck and a good second race whomever you cross that line with.

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Now do you want a tort to like run with in your hand? Or walk along side you? Not trying to bash you here, I just dont totally understand. If this is what you are looking to do it might not be a good idea, I find that torts go to the beat of there own drum... Ya know... You want them to go left, they go right... So please fill us in more and we can help you as such. Congrads on the 2 year... That is awesome!

SANDYPIE_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Vegas Chad said:
Now do you want a tort to like run with in your hand? Or walk along side you? Not trying to bash you here, I just dont totally understand. If this is what you are looking to do it might not be a good idea, I find that torts go to the beat of there own drum... Ya know... You want them to go left, they go right... So please fill us in more and we can help you as such. Congrads on the 2 year... That is awesome!

Well - I have this pink pet stoller I am going to use, actually, and hope to just encourage it to cross the line via it's four feet with me :)
thank you! It has really been a journey - I must say.... pretty scary - but I am plugging away.
Since all this, I guess I do not have quite the patience i did - 'cause - "you just never know"...
I saw a picture a while back of this tort named Franky that would do walks with his human-dad.... really cool

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i dont have much experience with this but i imagine it will take a decent amount of time to bond with your tort to the point where he/she will follow you around like a puppy. if you just wanna coax your tort across a finish line that may be possible but i wouldnt count on him/her following you the entire way

shay_

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Big Bear Cali.
after the first 3 years i had my tortoise , goober comes when hes called lol the sweetest thing you could ever see!!

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well I think that you would be ok then... Most torts are chill enough to take a day of getting pushed around... Dont make it a daily thing or anything... But for an once a year event I would say that you are fine. You can get torts from good breeders on kingsnake for cheap, try to get a yearling that would be best for ya I think for around 100, or if you want a real workout you can get a large male that weighs a 100lb or so for 300-ish bucks :) Good luck!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congrats on your two year anniversary! Sorta a neat and different thing your wanting to do. Might be hard coming up witha female. I thought I had heard they tend to be a litttle harder to find because people are wanting them for breding. You may end up having to go with another type. Do keep us informed on what you find. Would love to see shots of the finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.