adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saugus, California, USA
We have 13 desert tortoises. We would consider adopting out the 8- 2yr old babies.to qualified local households. We live in Santa Clarita, Ca. My wife is going to kill me but its in the best interest of her babies.:shy:

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
dont do it behind her back..
and if you have adults that are breeding... Dont allow any more.. or get rid of the eggs...

moswen

5 Year Member
oh definately keep breeding! CDT's are endangered, lol just give the babies to good homes like you're doing! lucky you to have so many, glad you're doing what's best for them!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I hate to be the rat head in a bottle of beer, but you can't legally breed them, I am not telling you what to do, just letting you know that it is illegal to breed them in CA, even with the best of intentions.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
It is illegal to INCUBATE the eggs artificially. If you have a male and female and they breed and she lays eggs in the yard and they hatch... that is another thing entirely ;)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I would love to have a herd of CDTs. I just love my babies, but I have to wait until the big old dog passes and the babies are bigger to turn my back yard into a tort haven.

James H

5 Year Member
Can they be shipped out of state. If they can I would be very interested in getting one or two. PM sent.

James H

5 Year Member
I thought that it might but how can you pass up the chance to get to take care of a CDT from a young age.

moswen

5 Year Member
CDT's can't leave their state, no permits allow you to do that. there are some in AZ i think, but they have to stay there as well. and that iS for preservation reasons.

i am personally of the mindset, if an animal is endangered, and i have a male and a female of that endangered species, i don't give a rat's @$$ if it's illegal or not, i'm not going to personally contribute to the extinction of the animal just because of some stupid law. you've heard it's illegal to go whale fishing in oklahoma, right? just a stupid law, there are no whales in oklahoma. but that's just my opinion... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.