Adorable weekend behavior from my Russian

• Thread starter LasTortugasNinja
  • Start date
L

LasTortugasNinja

On Sunday morning, my russian was up at the crack of dawn demanding his bath and breakfast. Got him in his bath, made his breakfast, and since it was already nice and warm outside, I took him to his outdoor pen to spend the day. He was happily walking around most of the day while my wife and I worked on our garden. At 3pm he dug into the ground and took an hour nap. At 4pm I looked in on him, and he was awake. He saw me, and started walking towards me. He got into my shadow, stopped, and just looking at me. I walked around to the other side of his pen. He turned, looked at me, and walked towards me and put his paws on the side of his pen as if to say "I'm done here. take me home!"

I pick him up, and he instantly calms down and just looks around. My wife comes into view and my tort starts trying to claw his way out of my hands. My wife takes him, and he instantly snuggles his head against her and sprawls out in her hands. If he was a cartoon character, his eyes would have been hearts. While I don't personally believe torts are capable of the complex emotional connections of dogs, I do believe they recognize "favorite" people. While I'm his meal provider, during the covid quarantine, my wife was constantly interacting with him and petting him and taking him outside in the afternoons, so he's "imprinted" on her as a good feeling.

I'm a tad jealous, but it's cute to watch.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
He has you all trained so well. LOL