advice needed on redfoot enclosure

chickennoodlesoup

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
hi all! i just put together this enclosure for my redfoot tortoise so they can enjoy the weather outside! my main concern right now is that it won't be enough to protect from predators. would it be safe to leave my tortoise in this enclosure overnight? am I overthinking it? (btw i live in very south florida so temperature isn't too much of a concern and I have an indoor enclosure as well that I can easily keep her in instead! any advice on this would be much appreciated :))

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_173249.jpg
    IMG_20221219_173249.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20221219_173256.jpg
    IMG_20221219_173256.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Those are no good by themselves. For babies you need a closed enclosure and those are too small even for small adult Russian tortoises...

And a racoon would get through that pretty easily. Not sure what kind of predators you have there, though... @ZEROPILOT could advise...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hi all! i just put together this enclosure for my redfoot tortoise so they can enjoy the weather outside! my main concern right now is that it won't be enough to protect from predators. would it be safe to leave my tortoise in this enclosure overnight? am I overthinking it? (btw i live in very south florida so temperature isn't too much of a concern and I have an indoor enclosure as well that I can easily keep her in instead! any advice on this would be much appreciated :))
What size RF are we talking about?