Advice on boarding or care when on vacation

bsstovel

Location (City and/or State)
Tustin, CA
Have you considered setting up a wifi camera on your tortoise enclosure? Then you could check in on him remotely for your own peace of mind, whenever you want. If you were to notice something out of the ordinary or a burnt out bulb, etc. you could alert your neighbour to go check on things.
Holy cow! That is such a simple idea, but that has never even crossed my mind. I'm going out today and buying one. Man, I am so glad to be a part of this forum. You all have helped me tremendously in raising my little tort. The vet said Frankie was extremely healthy and for only being 1 year old, he is the size of a 3 or 4 year old. I guess he is going to he a giant dinosaur of a sulcata.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan
Holy cow! That is such a simple idea, but that has never even crossed my mind. I'm going out today and buying one. Man, I am so glad to be a part of this forum. You all have helped me tremendously in raising my little tort. The vet said Frankie was extremely healthy and for only being 1 year old, he is the size of a 3 or 4 year old. I guess he is going to he a giant dinosaur of a sulcata.
We’re happy to have you as part of the forum! I think you’ll feel more content with leaving if the camera is set up. I have one on my enclosure and couldn’t go without it now. Even when I’m in a different part of the house, I often check the camera feed to see how my little guy is doing. You catch a lot of candid and cute moments you wouldn’t otherwise see.