Advice on ill Horsefield :(

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Got so general kidney/liver problems. He was not eating, peeing, moving... nothing. I thought he would die. Vet probably thought the same. But he didn't. They are very tough creatures.

LMBD88

South London
Got so general kidney/liver problems. He was not eating, peeing, moving... nothing. I thought he would die. Vet probably thought the same. But he didn't. They are very tough creatures.
That is encouraging to know, that there is some hope for Tello even if there is some kind of organ issue.

Kasia

Poland
That is encouraging to know, that there is some hope for Tello even if there is some kind of organ issue.
That is way I say make them check all they can and find out what's wrong with Tello. Hugs for both of you keep us updated:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
@Kasia I have heard from OP today off the forum.

Tello is still very quiet but no worse and, at present, is staying with the vet he's at with advice from Trinity by phone.

Blood results are due tomorrow.

Kasia

Poland
@Kasia I have heard from OP today off the forum.

Tello is still very quiet but no worse and, at present, is staying with the vet he's at with advice from Trinity by phone.

Blood results are due tomorrow.
Thank you a lot :) been waiting for news. Good that he got trough the night, hopefully they will figure out what's going on.

LMBD88

South London
Hi guys,
Thanks for updating here yesterday @JoesMum.
We are still waiting on bloods. Not spoken to vet yet today, yesterday evening he said Tello is much the same although seems perkier in his baths but when placed back in his nursing area he does not move and is very unresponsive still. They have ordered some special food as advised by Trinity and the vet said it is down to Tello now as we need to see at least small improvement by the end of the week. Hoping the bloods shed light on what's going on with him.

LMBD88

South London
Just an update - vet called, he said not much change. no better, no worse.
Said sometimes his eyes are open but he's still not really moving, they tried to tempt him with delicious treats. He opened his mouth when he spied a strawberry but then didn't make the effort to actually eat some.
Bloods still aren't in.
Vet said if bloods don't show anything we should take him to Trinity for further testing as they can't at this point find what's wrong with him yet.
Hmmm wishing we had him insured at this point! (not that it matters in terms of the action we will take but just a slight added worry!!)

Kasia

Poland
Hi:) His one little fighter!!
Is he still on antibiotics? Or did they stopped giving them?

LMBD88

South London
Hi @JoesMum @Kasia

I am so so sad to say that my little baby has died. The vet called and said he became totally unresponsive and his heart was very slow and irregular. I gave permission to stop his suffering.
I just wanna crawl into a whole in die but I have a conference call with a client so I cannot.

Can't bear to see his empty table when I get home, what am I going to do :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh no! I am desperately sorry to hear this :( This was not the outcome any of us hoped for. Big electronic hugs from here :(

Kasia

Poland
Hi @JoesMum @Kasia

I am so so sad to say that my little baby has died. The vet called and said he became totally unresponsive and his heart was very slow and irregular. I gave permission to stop his suffering.
I just wanna crawl into a whole in die but I have a conference call with a client so I cannot.

Can't bear to see his empty table when I get home, what am I going to do :(

It was very brave of you to let him go when he needed. I truly thought that he will pull trough. Very sorry for your loss, loads of hugs. :(

LMBD88

South London
Blood test results came late last night, they showed Tello was anaemic, he also had very low white blood cell count. Vet said that the results essentially showed that he could never have survived. They don't know what caused it but suspect he was very ill for a long time, although he did not show it until a few weeks ago. Not sure what to make of it all really but it is what it is and we did all we could.

I've cleared his things away today, his table is stood empty :( very sad.
Thank you both so much for all your support.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Blood test results came late last night, they showed Tello was anaemic, he also had very low white blood cell count. Vet said that the results essentially showed that he could never have survived. They don't know what caused it but suspect he was very ill for a long time, although he did not show it until a few weeks ago. Not sure what to make of it all really but it is what it is and we did all we could.

I've cleared his things away today, his table is stood empty :( very sad.
Thank you both so much for all your support.
Sad as those results are, they do at least confirm that you did everything you could and that you made the right decision for him in the end.

It is the worst decision to have to make, but Tello is no longer suffering.

I don't envy you packing his things away. :( Treat yourself to a large bar of chocolate or whatever your comfort of choice is. More big electronic hugs heading your way. RIP Tello.

Kasia

Poland
Sad as those results are, they do at least confirm that you did everything you could and that you made the right decision for him in the end.

It is the worst decision to have to make, but Tello is no longer suffering.

I don't envy you packing his things away. :( Treat yourself to a large bar of chocolate or whatever your comfort of choice is. More big electronic hugs heading your way. RIP Tello.
I double the chocolate and triple the hugs. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sorry to hear the results I've been watching this thread. I wrote a little poem called Rainbow Bridge for tortoises for just this occasion you can do a forum search for it and find it. Unfortunately tortoises are biologically hardwired to hide their illness for as long as possible because in the wild a sick tortoise gets eaten very quickly your tortoise hid the illness for a very long time and didn't show any symptoms for as long as possible just because that's what they're programmed to do, by the time symptoms usually appear they're very sick. Once again please accept my condolences

Kirstystewart

Wrexham
I have had this little tortoise given to me I very concerned about his Eye, it’s opened a bit more than when we had him but it looks like a white film over his Eye lid it’s on both sides any one ever had this

Thanks

Attachments

• 0B19CC43-92D2-417E-9374-3867297D0939.jpeg
    0B19CC43-92D2-417E-9374-3867297D0939.jpeg
    991.3 KB · Views: 12