Advice on Sulcata Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinwestlife

5 Year Member
Fellow Sulcata owners:
I have a 14-Month old Sulcata that I've been keeping for 7 months. About 2 months ago, I was careless enough to leave him/her unattended in the court yard of my apartment building for a few minutes, and it turned out that my poor Sulcata was bitten by one of my neighbor's dogs...

It appeared that a tiny hole on the top of the Sulcata's shell was the only wound left on his body (Thanks God the dog didn't hold my Sulcata in his mouth for long), as shown on the photos attached.

Thomas Injury 2.JPG

Thomas Injury 3.JPG

My Sulcata did not have any unusual activities since the accident. And actually, he has always been very active and in good appetite.

However, the accident and injury have always been a "shadow" in my heart and I would really love to have it cured/heeled if all possible.

I'm a first-time Sulcata owner and didn't find out this forum until a few days ago.

If anyone here could advise me on how serious an injury like this is considered, and where and how will I be able to have it cured, I'd very much appreciate it!!!

Thanks.
Yihuan Zhang

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I can barely see what I think you are talking about. Don't worry and give yourself a break. You didn't sick the dog on your tort. The owners of the dog is the ones that should feel bad. Know for next time to not leave unattended. As your tort grows, you probably will not even notice the mark. Forgive yourself and enjoy your tort.

clucey

5 Year Member
I think we as first time owners are hypervigilant at times and we all overlook things. If it would make you feel better a vet visit would console you but it may be an expebsive consolation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Im sure he will be just fine! We all make some sort of 1st time mistake. Forgive yourself and just take good care of your wonderful kid! :) Also, keep the wound clean so it wont get infected please.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
It's right on the new growth, and a very small injury. I think that I would keep it clean and just keep an eye on it.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Wait about 5 years and then sent to tort out to find that dog.

Just kidding...I realize that it just the nature of the dog to see if the tort is a meal.

But as the tort grows the dogs will not be as big a threat.

Good luck and I think your tort will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.