Advice on which calcium to give my babies!

Dorely

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I didn’t know which claim to supplement my babies with, and I was going to get the rep-cal, but I ended up purchasing the National Geographic Reptile Calcium supplement Powder. it has D3 since I keep them indoors most of the time. Before trying I just wanted to know any opinions if anyone has previously tried it and if it’s any good? Thank you!
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/vi...andtrade-calcium-supplement-powder-26775.html

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never tried it but most are about the same. Small pinch twice a week is all that's needed.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
As long as it has the D3 you should be good to go and like Wellington said, just a couple of pinches a week will be good!

Bee62

Germany
I didn’t know which claim to supplement my babies with, and I was going to get the rep-cal, but I ended up purchasing the National Geographic Reptile Calcium supplement Powder. it has D3 since I keep them indoors most of the time. Before trying I just wanted to know any opinions if anyone has previously tried it and if it’s any good? Thank you!
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/vi...andtrade-calcium-supplement-powder-26775.html
You write you keep your torts indoors most of the time? Do you have a UVB producing bulb over their enclosure ?
I never sprinkle calcium powder over the food of my young tortoises. I offer them crushed cuttle bone pieces and they eat what they need. Without any D3.
They all have strong shells and bones and are very healthy. My opinion is that they know better how much calcium they need than we. So I never force them to eat calcium powder.