Advice regarding tortoise maintenance

curious guy

Location (City and/or State)
India
Hello everyone! I have signed up today and I am new to keeping tortoises. I have 2 indian stars. I wanted to know that is it okay to leave tortoise without water for two days? I am going out of station for 2 days and since I don't have anyone to take care of my tortoises and I can't take them with me because it will be very exhausting for them. So I wanted to know that is it okay to not keep water and food in their enclosure for a couple of days?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I gave my sulcata 2 good soakings the night before and the day right before I left and was advised here at TFO for 3days it would be fine.
Not sure though with Indian Stars. I was told if I left water and Opo pooped in it that would be worse.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum.

Like @Yvonne G said, two - three days without soaks should be fine for a tort.

Please post pics of your torts and their enclosure(s).

curious guy

India
I gave my sulcata 2 good soakings the night before and the day right before I left and was advised here at TFO for 3days it would be fine.
Not sure though with Indian Stars. I was told if I left water and Opo pooped in it that would be worse.
My torts do poop in the water so I change it 2-3 times in a day. Moreover they try to climb up while they are in water dish and once one of them flipped in that. That' why I was worried.