Advice

Kdw75du

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Does anybody know or has done business with a Ryan at southern reptiles. I sent him a message on Facebook about purchasing two star tortoises and I talked to a guy who I don’t believe is Ryan. I’ve been scammed before so I’m very cautious now. It’s ashame that you have to deal with this when simply buying a tortoise.

BajatheChickenMan

West Virginia
Does anybody know or has done business with a Ryan at southern reptiles. I sent him a message on Facebook about purchasing two star tortoises and I talked to a guy who I don’t believe is Ryan. I’ve been scammed before so I’m very cautious now. It’s ashame that you have to deal with this when simply buying a tortoise.
I'd only go through Morph Market, Fauna Classifieds or someone recommended through here. I've heard all kinds of nightmares and scams from FB sales.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Ryan is a personal friend of mine and @Southernreptiles is an active member of the forum.
Make sure you are dealing with SOUTHERN REPTILES and not a scammer posing as them. (Him)
Ryan is super trustworthy. And you will be very pleased if you purchase an animal from him.

Southernreptiles

5 Year Member
Boca Raton
Hey there, this is Ryan. You can message me here on tortoise forum, email me at [email protected] or message me through my Facebook page Facebook.com/southernreptiles There was recently a facebook page with the name southernreptiles. net pretending to be me on Facebook. That is my website link, but they basically made a Facebook page using my website as the name. Trying to trick people into thinking it was me.

Southernreptiles

5 Year Member
Boca Raton
You can also message me through morph market

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
You can also message me through morph market
I've sent quite a few folks your way as well. Hopefully they get in touch with you and not your imposter!

Southernreptiles

5 Year Member
Boca Raton
I've sent quite a few folks your way as well. Hopefully they get in touch with you and not your imposter!
I appreciate that a lot, thank you! Most people dont run into the scammers. But Facebook has a big problem with scammers from Cameron Africa in particular. They literally work 24/7 scamming people. They pretend to be me, pretend to work for me, etc. Pretty easy to figure out though as if you wanna call them they’ll make excuses why they can’t talk, they don’t take PayPal, and some other give aways. They have been running scams a long time with puppies, birds, all kinds of animals.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Really. It takes all kinds to make a world, right? But what kind of world?

BajatheChickenMan

West Virginia
I appreciate that a lot, thank you! Most people dont run into the scammers. But Facebook has a big problem with scammers from Cameron Africa in particular. They literally work 24/7 scamming people. They pretend to be me, pretend to work for me, etc. Pretty easy to figure out though as if you wanna call them they’ll make excuses why they can’t talk, they don’t take PayPal, and some other give aways. They have been running scams a long time with puppies, birds, all kinds of animals.
Also I hope my suggestion to OP didn't come off as accusatory. I only mean to contact breeders through more reputable means than fb. I know you're real and do a great job from what everyone says here :)