Advise please! (what grape vine to plant?)

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
I am trying to plant everything I can to create my sulcata's diet. I am ordering seed mixes for grass and I have researched and collected many different weeds and I have purchased a weeping mulberry tree (the organic nursery didn't carry regular mulberry trees) and now I'm looking for grape leaves, I will have to purchase a grape vine and not sure which one I should look for, is there a certain type they prefer?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I'm not quite sure, but I'd pick something that grows easily in you area :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Any have worked for me. Great job taking the time to do all of this, your tort is lucky to have you!

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Ok. I wasn't sure if I had to have a certain kind. That's great, about any will work in my area. And thank you, I am trying to do my best for the baby's.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I have Thompson seedless grapes (but only because I like to eat them!) I don't think it matters what type of grape since they just eat the leaves.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have about 10 different varieties. My tortoise seem to love the leaves from them all. They certainly don't ever turn any of them down.

I don't know of any that you shouldn't use.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
My Reds will eat the leaves as well....particularly the new young "shoots" . Of course' the fruit is fair game in their eyes . Here is a Cabernet Sauvignon variety growing within their enclosure.