Age range? (How old are you? Optional)

Reptilelove

Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth
Well I think something is wrong with Tiny's shell but when I got her it was like that. So I am trying to figure the humidity thing out. And because I got her from a pet store the we have a glass enclosure. This forum is great. Learning a lot.

KnNTiny
What substrate do you use because that can effect the humidity levels, as try some of that moss you can buy for a humid hide. I never had a glass enclosure because I know its bad for their eyes. You could always try building a tort table (I am!) Or just try covering up the sides so they can't see out

Turtlepete

South Florida
Nearly everyone makes beginner mistakes when they are starting out. The first time I reproduced red foots was when I was about 8. The popular information at the time directed you to raise them on rabbit pellets and feed them carrots and romaine lettuce. After a couple clutches of bumpy baby's, I learned better. :).

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Nearly everyone makes beginner mistakes when they are starting out. The first time I reproduced red foots was when I was about 8. The popular information at the time directed you to raise them on rabbit pellets and feed them carrots and romaine lettuce. After a couple clutches of bumpy baby's, I learned better. :).
Good to know, one day we will get it right :)

KnNTiny

What substrate do you use because that can effect the humidity levels, as try some of that moss you can buy for a humid hide. I never had a glass enclosure because I know its bad for their eyes. You could always try building a tort table (I am!) Or just try covering up the sides so they can't see out

Well that's the thing I currently just have the basic stuff that came with enclosure. So my is taking me out to get some Orchid bark and I will make sure we look for some moss. The sides are covered. My mom has become just as tortoise obsessed as I am. We are going to add a second level to the current enclosure for now. But after doing some research we have the plans to start building an awesome enclosure. Can't wait. Tiny will be happier with the room.

KnNTiny

This forum is awesome with helping to get over the bumpy baby's.

I'm glad to have met you guys. Here's to life long tortoise friendship. LOL!!!

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Well that's the thing I currently just have the basic stuff that came with enclosure. So my is taking me out to get some Orchid bark and I will make sure we look for some moss. The sides are covered. My mom has become just as tortoise obsessed as I am. We are going to add a second level to the current enclosure for now. But after doing some research we have the plans to start building an awesome enclosure. Can't wait. Tiny will be happier with the room.
Ahh, i would recommend coir, i havnt heard of the bark before :p ahh good good, my mum likes to think she knows what she is talking about but really doesnt know much. How exciting!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm a few short weeks away from 21! (can you tell i'm excited to be done with 20 :p)
I'd say we pretty much have all the ages possible in a range here, it makes for good variety and quite lively debates since we all have different experiences and were raised in different times.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm a few short weeks away from 21! (can you tell i'm excited to be done with 20 :p)
I'd say we pretty much have all the ages possible in a range here, it makes for good variety and quite lively debates since we all have different experiences and were raised in different times.
My daughter is turning 21 this winter. She's quite excited too!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
My daughter is turning 21 this winter. She's quite excited too!
I'm just excited to be able to drink, I wont end up crazy and will probably have just a glass of wine or something, but just knowing I can is what i'm excited for lol. I'm one of those people who's parents are lucky I'm like alcohols no big deal... which is especially lucky for my parents since theyre afraid of alcohol and think a glass makes one an alcoholic!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm just excited to be able to drink, I wont end up crazy and will probably have just a glass of wine or something, but just knowing I can is what i'm excited for lol. I'm one of those people who's parents are lucky I'm like alcohols no big deal... which is especially lucky for my parents since theyre afraid of alcohol and think a glass makes one an alcoholic!
We are Italian. My kids have been having a glass of wine or whatever at holiday meals since they were teenagers. My daughter right now is just frustrated because she is one of the youngest of her group of friends. So most of them are 21 already and when she comes home to visit (she has an apartment where she goes to school) her friends at home are going out on the weekends to places she can't go.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
We are Italian. My kids have been having a glass of wine or whatever at holiday meals since they were teenagers. My daughter right now is just frustrated because she is one of the youngest of her group of friends. So most of them are 21 already and when she comes home to visit (she has an apartment where she goes to school) her friends at home are going out on the weekends to places she can't go.
I've had a glass here and there at holidays but its always a fight to get my parents to let me have it, So because of their fear I did end up going off and drinking with friends, only like a mikes lemonade here and there or a glass of wine socially with her family. I mean I don't let my age hold me back since i'm more responsible than a few people I know old enough to drink, its just it'll be nice to be like hey I want to have a glass of wine tonight while doing my homework and I can! (I know alcohol and homework don't mix lol... in fact I don't even enjoy wine! but I could if I wanted to) :p

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
18! I see this has been going on for a while, so I apologize for crashing :D