Agma Atra lizard not eating

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa
I got an Agma Atra (AKA. Bloukop Koggelmander) a few weeks ago, and it was surprisingly easy to get it to eat and calm down, it even started taking the food out of the feeding tongs, but recently it stopped eating, it usually ate about 2 small-medium sized dubia roaches and 4 mealworms/day, but in the last 3 days it only ate a total of 3 mealworms, no dubia roaches or beetles (even if they're super small)... What could be causing this sudden change? Is it still/more stressed? Did I just over feed it and now it want's to wait a while? Is it sick? It still poops, not large chunks, but there is poop... It also still runs and jumps around a lot...

This is my first lizard, and it just sucks that there not a lot of care guides on it online, so I've been raising it like it's a bearded dragon, since they seem to be closely related...

Also, before anyone says it, yes, we plan on building a bigger enclosure, getting a different UVB lamp and different color heat lamp, this little guy was just a bit of a surprise, so we didn't have any bigger tanks or other equipment...
And if you're from one of the previous posts, the colors stopped showing after day 3 (about the same time he started eating), and it seems like a mating and/or stress thing.

I keep the humidity between 30 and 40, and the heat between 30c and 33.5c (any lower and the little bugger jumps onto the heatlamp) during the day and between 22c and 24c at the night

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 8
  • heat.jpg
    heat.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 10

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm not familiar with this particular species. But my first guess is the temperature being too low.
Digestion can't fully happen below a certain temperature. And he was eating vigorously beforehand.
I reccomend you getting one of those laser thermometers. They can be had for under twenty US dollars. And you can very easily see what the exact temperature is anywhere.

Last edited:
South Africa
I'm not familiar with this particular species. But my first guess is the temperature being too low.
Digestion can't fully happen below a certain temperature. And he was eating vigorously beforehand.
I reccomend you getting one of those laser thermometers. They can be had for under twenty US dollars. And you can very easily see what the exact temperature is anywhere.
I see, and at what temperature would you recommend keeping it then?

Thank you so much for replying :))