Alaskan Sulcata

Usairbloom

Location (City and/or State)
Alaska
Hello, I am excited to be a part of this forum. I don't know why it took so long to join one, but it's never too late to learn more for your tortoise, although I think that my family has done well at raising Scooby so far. We named her Scooby and then found out at 5 years old that she was a female. That's okay, we kept it. We bought her at 3 weeks old and she is now 10 years old. We bought her because my wife didn't want a dog and wanted an easier pet. She doesn't bark, she, smell, shed, etc. And believe me, this last year was a challenge. We tried a dog and just couldn't do it. I am content with Scooby, and a hedgehog named Kenai. We originally were in Utah where we bought her, but have since had to transfer to Alaska for work. It can be a challenge but I think we have done well with her up here and have worked hard to give her a nice home. She loves Spring and Summer when we can get her out into the green parks and plenty of dandelions. Looking forward to making friendships on here and gaining advice as well as sharing what we have learned while raising our Alaskan Sulcata.20181210_200713.jpg 20181210_205814.jpg

Usairbloom

Location (City and/or State)
Alaska
Try 7 kids, a sulcata, and a hedgehog, hence why we do not have a dog anymore, though we did love him. We just didn't have time to train him right and give him the attention he needed. I have noticed some people asking about taking their tortoises to Alaska and how they take them. Having looked into it, it is not smart to drive through Canada. It is easy to take them out of the country but the moment that you come back in, the US's regulations are really strict and make it difficult to bring them back in since they consider them an exotic pet and sya they can't be brought in. We took the ferry all the way up to the last stop to avoid Canada, because the ferry is still considered under US borders.

Last edited: