Alberta or Western Canada, anyone?

mini_max

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta, Canada
Hello out there! I'm in Edmonton and just wondering how other tort owners and their torts deal with our lovely climate.

Randi

Canada
I'm in Edmonton as well. Our summers are short, and we are lucky if we have enough decent days during summer to use for the tortoises and turtles. I keep mine indoors constantly unless weather permits. I have a closed chamber enclosure for my tort indoors and it keeps heat and humidity just right. As for food, I grow as much as I can outdoors and in the enclosure. Then I rely on grocery store greens and fruit with all sorts of supplementation like catcus chips (I purchase from @Will ), dried flowers, herbal hay, mazuri, zoo med forest pellets, etc for the cold months.

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
Wow a fellow Edmontonian!! Where do you get your mazuri? I used to buy on Amazon, but last I checked there wasn't any available.

Randi

Canada
I go to G & E Pharmacy. It's close to Whyte Ave. They have Mazuri for tortoises and turtles. You can purchase small or large bags. I have tried to order online but it's very pricey - a few places would ship for a great price but required you to purchase an entire pallet of Mazuri. 6 x 25 pound bags.

Moore

Hey guys, I'm in southern Ontario. Not as cold as you guys typically, but still rely on supplemental foods for my scaley grazers in the cold months. I go to feed stores for my Sulcata, they have Timothy/alfalfa cubes with adequate protein and fat content. He seems to respond really well to it and it is really affordable.

Taco & Tortilla

St. Albert, ALberta, Canada
Hey guys, a tad late to this but I'm rocking two tots and living in St. Albert. Excited for the challenge dealing with winter months and housing these lovely guys I got. Have you guys looked into green house concepts for your house guests or mainly stick to housing them in table tops in your house.

Thanks,
Ryan