Albino indian star pic

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
Finally found a copy of Jerry Fife's book that wasn't listed for over $100. it had a picture of an 'albino' that actually looked albino unlike other pictures I've seen. Figured it was worth a share.

PXL_20210906_225214435.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, would never had guessed it was a Star.
You should have covered what it was and see what everyone would guess. Unless they had seen it before I bet Star wouldn't have come up.
Thanks for sharing

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, would never had guessed it was a Star.
You should have covered what it was and see what everyone would guess. Unless they had seen it before I bet Star wouldn't have come up.
Thanks for sharing
I would have guessed sulcata. In fact I had to Google "star" to check out their leg scales.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
He sure is pretty! If you put him together with an albino Burmese Star with the same lack of pigment, I don't think I could tell which is which. This really points out that their shells are yellow with black splotches, not black with yellow stripes.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
He sure is pretty! If you put him together with an albino Burmese Star with the same lack of pigment, I don't think I could tell which is which. This really points out that their shells are yellow with black splotches, not black with yellow stripes.
I've only ever seen one photo of a claimed albino burmese star, and it in no way looked like a burmese star. Are there other photos floating around?