ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
I mean of course it’s ok for aldabra. If it’s not ok you wouldn’t have fed them these. I meant to ask if these starfruit actually good for aldabra.. low sugar and high water content, it sounds perfect!

~ We offer it as a snack only. Our new property has a large mature star fruit tree and i simply get it when it drops during the season. I know it is not contaminated in any way. It is not a consistent food source for our group, treat and snack only.
IMG_1697.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
II meant to ask if these starfruit actually good for aldabra.. low sugar and high water content, it sounds perfect!

~ Let me say this, most of pictures on Facebook, YouTube, Forums, etc. is mostly for optics and fun. I will clarify, most fruit we feed our group is when it is in season only with the exception of cactus, that is a consistent and stable food source for our group. We do not feed any hatchlings under one year of age/6" any fruit, commercial chows or supplements.
~ Star fruit is actually abundant in our region, many large trees that drops tons of fruit that people simply let rot on the ground. I do not get star fruit unless it is from our own tree and i know it is very safe. Fruit as a whole is a very low percentage of our groups diet, it is just colorful and fun with photos and videos.
IMG_1696 2.jpg IMG_1698.JPG