Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
How did you get started with aldabras in particular?

~ Simply like everyone else. When i was a child i was totally amazed with turtles and tortoises, etc. When i was 18 i purchased my first baby, traded up, etc. and within a few years started to have grand ideas about getting a breeding pair. Of course there was no internet then and almost everyone i spoke with either had no clue or lied about this species and actually breeding them. Long story short, i started purchasing larger aldabra tortoises and intensely watched and interacted with them trying to figure out the breeding process, etc. After many purchased tortoises, tons of money and an unmeasurable amount of time i finally figured it out. I sold many of my adults that were not capable of successful breeding and focused on finding ones that i thought were capable. The rest is history...........I still spend countless hours intensely observing and make every effort to optimize our breeding program.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
~ Simply like everyone else. When i was a child i was totally amazed with turtles and tortoises, etc. When i was 18 i purchased my first baby, traded up, etc. and within a few years started to have grand ideas about getting a breeding pair. Of course there was no internet then and almost everyone i spoke with either had no clue or lied about this species and actually breeding them. Long story short, i started purchasing larger aldabra tortoises and intensely watched and interacted with them trying to figure out the breeding process, etc. After many purchased tortoises, tons of money and an unmeasurable amount of time i finally figured it out. I sold many of my adults that were not capable of successful breeding and focused on finding ones that i thought were capable. The rest is history...........I still spend countless hours intensely observing and make every effort to optimize our breeding program.

Thank you! I enjoy hearing how people got started in their particular line of work.