ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, SW Florida.....Hurricane Ian was strong and fierce, however all went well......always prepared @ ALDABRAMAN.

River was elevated for many days, however no flooding! View attachment 378243
Thankfully you have a raised bank before flat. Big help on not flooding. That's your house on the water? Do you see the manatees a lot?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
He does live along the southern Gulf side of Florida too. I believe he has either posted here or FB since the storm so that's a good sign.
Funny you think that of Florida. A short drive inward off the coast lines and Florida has all the same kinds of trees, yards, etc everyone else's has.
Thank you, yes we are located about 4 miles east of the Gulf in SW Florida, fantastic for the torts, however many storms lately. IMG_7534.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you, yes we are located about 4 miles east of the Gulf in SW Florida, fantastic for the torts, however many storms lately. View attachment 378244
I always worry about you and the tortoises when there is a fierce storm or worse, hurricane.
Do you find that the tortoises react or stay inside more when there is really bad weather headed your way or do they not care and you have to try and herd them in? It's not like you can get them to move very fast.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I always worry about you and the tortoises when there is a fierce storm or worse, hurricane.
Do you find that the tortoises react or stay inside more when there is really bad weather headed your way or do they not care and you have to try and herd them in? It's not like you can get them to move very fast.
Thank you, they actually love the weather. Windy and rain is never any concerns, unless it reaches sustained higher tropical storm levels, we then heard them up and lock them into hurricane designed and constructed housing. IMG_0340.JPG

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

LOOK AT THE HIGHT OF THAT GUY!!!!! 😍
That’s just SIIIIICCKKKK!!!!… SICK I TELL YA!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

The shell on the one in the right hand corner is astonishing too!!!!

Wow!!!!
Just…… WWWWOOOWWWW!!!!!! 🤩🤩

Keep the pictures coming!!!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes, SW Florida.....Hurricane Ian was strong and fierce, however all went well......always prepared @ ALDABRAMAN.

River was elevated for many days, however no flooding! View attachment 378243

Forget New Jersey!!
That place is Gorgeous!!!!
I’m livin’ THERE when I am reincarnated as a tortoise!!! 🤩

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you, yes we are located about 4 miles east of the Gulf in SW Florida, fantastic for the torts, however many storms lately. View attachment 378244
These tortoises must ADORE YOU!!

I would be absolutely terrified to accidentally get bitten by one of your BIG BOYS!! 😱😱😱😱😱🥺😳😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
The river bank was naturally elevated prior to purchase, yes, constantly seeing manatees, they love the fresh spring water. View attachment 378246

OMG!!!!!
YOU HAVE MANTATIEEEESSSS TOO?!?!?!?
Ooohhhhh…. I am sooooooo jealous right now!!!
Can you build a garage for me??? 🥴
I’m very quiet and don’t eat much.. 🫠

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Are they very gassy after eating all their
Peppers and such????
Could you imagine the sound!?? 😆🤣
My Sulcata just eats her grass all day and
BROTHER!!!… when she “toots” it sounds human-like!!!! My husband and I just look at each other and laugh…🤣😂🤣
Sometimes we blame the other one! 😆