Aldabra tortoise - false information?

spoilers

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Ohio
I texted them again for more pictures and info. They keep changing the age with no pics. As of right now apparently its a 5 yr old female Aldabra that is still growing. This is definitely a scam.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The ad says Richmond Indiana. The area code of 972 is Texas.
Indeed a scam, unless they moved from Texas to IN.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Btw, best and fastest way to tell a scam is too tell them you want to set up a date and time too come see it. I've even said I have family that lives close by and will be sending them to check it out. I usually do this after I have gotten them excited about all the tortoises I want too buy. Gets those Cameroon scammers to to take down the ad I said I seen and to stop contacting me.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I once saw a Craigslist ad for a French bulldog puppy in California. The picture in the ad featured one puppy, and the quality is one you'd find from a magazine or printed on a pet product. The ad itself was a mile long in one lumped up paragraph.

By the time I had finished reading it, the number of dogs changed from 3 to 2, the excuse provided for the reason of sale changed 4 times, the genders changed, and even the species changed from puppies to kittens.

I had a good laugh, then reported it for removal.

spoilers

5 Year Member
Southwest Ohio
I once saw a Craigslist ad for a French bulldog puppy in California. The picture in the ad featured one puppy, and the quality is one you'd find from a magazine or printed on a pet product. The ad itself was a mile long in one lumped up paragraph.

By the time I had finished reading it, the number of dogs changed from 3 to 2, the excuse provided for the reason of sale changed 4 times, the genders changed, and even the species changed from puppies to kittens.

I had a good laugh, then reported it for removal.

That's insane! you would think a scammer would at least try a little harder to get the story straight lol.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
That's insane! you would think a scammer would at least try a little harder to get the story straight lol.
It seemed like all he was doing was "cut and paste" everything in order to post more ads faster, and then the material from different species ads got combined to end up with what he had listed.

I think it's crazy these scammers even try these stunts, and even crazier that some people are gullible enough to fall for them.

spoilers

5 Year Member
Southwest Ohio
The post in question got flagged for removal! Thanks, everyone for your help!!

Also, on a side note, my local reptile shelter just got some torts in. I may be rescuing a red-foot! :)

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
That link has already been taken down. Maybe all your questions spooked them. Don’t know. Never dealt with Craigslist.