Aldabras are getting big and more curious

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Ha yep. They love it. I didn't have my phone but shortly after the pic I took of him on the palm I went to do something set my phone down and went back he was wallering in it. This enclosure is however temporary. The new one will have a big nice deeper mud wallow. But they do indeed get in it. There's not much water in it after they get out. Haha

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
On the second photo.......I think he is giving you a hint, he want you to built him a teeter totter........I'm very sure of it!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How old and big is George? Much bigger mud hole needed. I bet they cover the whole thing trying to fit in. I think it's fascinating that some of Gregs will sleep in their water hole all night. Have you noticed yours doing that yet?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
really good looking tortoises good job.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
How old and big is George? Much bigger mud hole needed. I bet they cover the whole thing trying to fit in. I think it's fascinating that some of Gregs will sleep in their water hole all night. Have you noticed yours doing that yet?
Yeah they fill it up. It's kinda a play on visual perception though. That pond is quite a ways back. But yes indeed they fill it up. He's 6 now. Blossom is 3 and tulip is 5. I need to measure and weigh them. I'd say they're aro
Wow he looks bigger since I seen him a month ago . Crazy
yep. Constant growth since being down here. They're growth lines literally have not stopped. Warm and humid and there loving it,

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I'll update the blossom thread next weekend. Blossom has exploded. Almost half the size of the bigger guys. just explosions of growth from blossom. Not sure on sex. But I'd say tulip is female, George and the other one are probably males. They are starting to elongate in shape.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'll update the blossom thread next weekend. Blossom has exploded. Almost half the size of the bigger guys. just explosions of growth from blossom. Not sure on sex. But I'd say tulip is female, George and the other one are probably males. They are starting to elongate in shape.
Nice if you get at least one female. When you know for sure, you should try and post pics of their under side tail area. I don't think we've ever seen one post of the aldabras. Size and weight of all would be nice too when you update Blossoms thread.