Status
Not open for further replies.

floridajake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
b70sjl.jpg

nguiog.jpg

29v11fm.jpg

These guys are so cool. I stayed watching them for at least an hour. One finally came over and let me(not pictured) and my son(pictured) and friend(pictured) scratch his head and neck. It was an awesome experience. I couldn't help but feel bad for the them though. My sulcata has a larger space than the 3 aldabras there, and they are on a gritty sand substate which they appear to ingest when eating the greens they were fed. The miami metrozoo has many galaps and aldabras in an enclosure about 1/2 acre. The grass stays super short from grazing, but at least it is grass.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We're always told to not mix species and to not use sand as a substrate...then we go to a zoo and see them doing just the opposite of what we've been told. My zoo has emu (from Australia) in the same enclosure with the Galops (off the coast of So.Am.) I can't think of anything worse for the tortoise than eating grass that has been pooped on by an emu!

But what wonderful creatures! Thank you so much for sharing the photos with us.

Yvonne

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I love that second picture! So majestic

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pictures! That must have been cool!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I tell you, once my kids are grown I am packing up and moving to a tropical climate... Just for that :)

I WILL have an Aladabra! And then, my daughter will, and then her kids... lol :)

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.